1. Mrs. Goerend's first post that I read was about student speak. She said that putting the students work into words that they could understand was beneficial to them. Her class came across an issue with some instructions that contained some pretty big words that they didn't know. They all worked together to define the words, then put the instructions into words that they did understand. I agreed with her and told her that I could remember many times in Elementary school when I too did not understand my instructions. However, I was not lucky enough to have a teacher like her, and had to figure it out myself. I think it would help them to put bigger words than what they are used to, but words that they can figure out alone if need be.
2. Mrs. Goerend's second post that I read was about the creative juices in the children today. She talked about how she has been crafting alot lately. It got me thinking about how things have changed in the schools. When I was a kid we colored, or did some creative activity at least once a day. Now children are lucky to get it once or twice a week. This kills the creativity in children, and the creativity is what makes moving forward possible. If we squander that at a young age then they will grow up to be boring adults who don't want change. That's definitely not good!
No comments:
Post a Comment