Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary February

C4K #1

1. For my first C4K I got assigned Blake's blog from Mr. Chamberlain's class blog. His background was pretty cool with the fire, you could definitely tell he was an 8th grade boy. I read through some of his posts and notice he had a consistent problem with spelling errors. I know I make them sometimes too, but I figured maybe someone hasn't pointed this out to him yet. So I just told him to slow it down some to help out with the spelling errors.

2. For my second C4K I was assigned Jackson's blog from Mrs. Garcia's class blog. I especially liked reading this one because it was about how his class Skyped with a class from New Orleans. I am from there and really miss going to Mardi Gras down there. It was good to see that they were learning not just about the fun parts but also about the history behind the holiday.

3. For my third C4K I was assigned to Mr. Salsich's class blog. They had been learning about matter and what makes things float. They did a class project where the students were given specific materials to build a boat out of. The boats were then put in water and marbles were added until they sank. This project was to teach the kids about surface area and buoyancy. I thought is was neat that they got to work as a team and they reflected on their work after it was all done. I also thought it was good that they made a video and voiced over it to add onto their blog.

1 comment: